Nate Mack's Halloween Parade is this Thursday, October 30th at 1:15. Parents are invited to the field to watch students march out by grade level and perform the Monster Mash. Please note that students must return to their classrooms after the parade to ensure correct dismissal procedures.
Classroom celebrations will take place in the hour prior to the parade. Students will each participate in a classroom party with their homeroom teacher.
Progress Reports went home with students on Friday. Please review these with your child and return it to school as soon as possible. Please remember that these grades are not final; new grades are being entered as new standards are being assessed, and students that do not show mastery on a concept are provided with reassessments until mastery is achieved.
Math notes are posted on the math website; if your student has been absent, please be sure they copy the notes they missed.These notes are helpful to students while completing homework assignments.
Here are a few things to ask your student about:
• What story is Mrs. Rozgay Miller reading to class? Do you have anything in common with the main character?
• What story are you reading in novel group? What have you written in your response journal about it?
• What has Mrs. Rozgay-Miller written to you in your response journal as feedback?
• Explain the Power of Ten
• Name the nine positions on the place value chart
• Teach your parent how to figure out how many times greater the first underlined digit is than the second in the number: 567,624
• Explain the writing process.
• What is a narrative?
• Describe the setting in a story you have written.
• How many AR points do you have?
• Have you sold any items for the fundraiser?